Hello Dog Lover! Today we're going to look at something very important to pay close attention to: foods that are harmful - and some times deadly - to your dog. And the crazy thing is that they are very common foods! Let's start right away:
Grapes and raisins are highly toxic to dogs and can cause sudden acute kidney failure. Although some dogs may be able to eat small amounts of grapes without any problems, it is best to avoid giving them to your pet. If your dog ingests grapes, it's crucial to seek veterinary care as soon as possible.
Onions, whether raw or cooked, contain a compound called N-propyl disulfide which can cause hemolytic anemia in dogs. Hemolytic anemia is a condition where the dog's red blood cells are destroyed, causing a lack of oxygen in the body. Symptoms may include weakness, fatigue, shortness of breath, and dark urine. If your dog has eaten onions, it is important to seek veterinary attention immediately.
Avocados contain persin, a compound that can cause pancreatitis and heart failure in dogs. Pancreatitis is inflammation of the pancreas that can cause abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhea. Heart failure can cause weakness, shortness of breath, and collapse. If your dog has eaten an avocado, it is important to bring them to the vet immediately to prevent potentially fatal complications.
Chocolate contains theobromine, a stimulant of the nervous system that can cause cardiac arrhythmia, seizures, and even death in dogs. Dark chocolate contains more theobromine than milk chocolate, making it even more dangerous. If your dog has eaten chocolate, it is important to take him to the vet immediately to avoid complications.
Today's article is over...did you happen to check out our petlover jewelry collection customized with your dog's look and name yet?
Click the button below to see a preview of the jewelry with your dog's name and look
Let us know in the comments below what you think and if you found the article helpful!
Elisa from Italy